Everything we do at Shoresh is done in community. From building beehives, to planting community gardens and harvesting local, organic food for tzedakah, we are constantly reminded that it takes a village to change the world. As we prepare for Taking Root 2017, we are overflowing with gratitude and astounded by the kindness, generosity and talent of Toronto’s Kind Food revolutionaries!
Huge shout-outs of thanks and love to the below group of kind food purveyors who are donating their time, energy and AMAZING food (check out the incredible menu below) to Taking Root. They will all be at our event nourishing you with “guilt-free” food, all evening long-items from all stations are included with your ticket.
- Beau’s All Natural Brewing: Craft Beer (local, organic, vegan, b corp)
- BIO RAW: The Built Salad: quinoa, zuchini, kale, pinto beans, carrots, peppers, sprouted sunflower seeds, sprouted pumpkin seeds, collard greens, sunflower microgreens, and fresh basil with Michelle’s RawFoodz Ranch Revival (dressing certified kosher by COR) (organic, high-protein, gluten-free, nut-free, vegan)
- Chef Jordan Wagman: Cauliflower and Potato Croquette with a Dairy-Free Yogurt Dipping Sauce made with Yoso (organic, gluten-free, local)
- Nud Food and Culchured: Nud Fud raw crackers with Culcherd’s dairy-free cashew cheeze, topped with Penny Candy Jam preserves and micro greens (organic, gluten-free, raw, vegan, paleo)
- Delicious Dish Cooking School: Sticky Spicy Edamame Beans (vegan, gluten-free, whole foods, home cooking)
- Doug McNish Vegan Inc.:Black Bean Sliders on Sweets from the Earth buns (organic, vegan, supports local farmers)
- Ellen Jane Desserts: Orange Spice Tahini Cookies and Peanut Nanaimo Bars (vegan, Kosher)
- Ezra’s Pound: Triple Certified Fresh Roasted Coffee and Decaf (vegan, organic, gluten-free)
- Fresh City Farms: Vegan Caprese Bites grape tomatoes + tofu tossed in basil pesto with a balsamic drizzle (organic, vegan, gluten-free, local)
- Greenhouse Juice Co: 4 Juice Varieties (organic, gluten-free, cold-pressed, vegan, raw, unpasteurized)
- GoGo Quinoa: Double chocolate and chocolate chip cookies (kosher, organic, gluten-free, non-gmo, corn-free, peanut-free, vegan)
- Harbord Bakery, Kozlik’s Canadian Mustard and Plant Trainers: Chickpea Salad Sandwiches on Harbord Bakery rye bread with Kozlik’s mustard (vegan)
- Live On Chocolate: Maple Birch Sponge Toffee and Power Puddings (organic, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, egg-free, corn-free)
- Michelle’s RawFoodz: 3 Dishes: penne with sun-dried marinara sauce, an Indian-inspired chickpea salad, and burger bites with BBQ sauce (Kosher, Organic, Gluten-Free)
- Mighty Fine Brine: Pickles On A Stick (vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, supports local farmers)
- Nana Shake: Vegan Bananza Milkshake (organic, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, fair-trade)
- Neal Brothers Foods: Nacho Bar (kosher, vegan, organic, gluten-free, nut-free)
- NONA Vegan Foods Ltd.: NONA Vegan’s Rich + Creamy Alfredo and Cheesy Sauces served over gluten-free noodles, topped with organic microgreens (vegan, gluten-free, locally made)
- Ozery Bakery: Pita Rounds (kosher, non-GMO)
- RISE Kombucha: Kombucha (made in Canada, organic, gluten-free, gmo-free, vegan, raw)
- Still Waters Distillery: Stalk & Barrel Whiskey (vegan, locally made)
- Sunflower Kitchen: Hummus & Dips with Veggies and Vegan Borscht (kosher, vegan, gluten-free, non-gmo, nut-free)
- The Chufa Co: Best Ice Cream Ever (nut-free, vegan, organic)
- The Healthy Crunch Company: Kale Chips (kosher, locally made, organic, vegan, tree-nut-free, peanut-free, non-gmo, gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free)
- Three Sisters Kitchen: Muffins (kosher, vegan)
- Turmeric Teas: Turmeric Teas (vegan, organic)
- Umami Sushi: Senken cups, Vegetarian Poke Bowl, Spicy Vegetarian rolls AND the “Shoresh Maki” made with Kavanah Garden Gobo (kosher, vegan)
- YOSO: Our cashew cream cheese spread on Sweets From The Earth whole wheat bagels, topped with optional carrot lox, made by Chef Doug McNish (vegan, organic, non-gmo, locally made)
We are so lucky to live in a city with so many creative and kind foodies! Join us at Taking Root to gather with all of these incredible visionaries to support our work in repairing the world.
Buy your tickets TODAY!
2016 Taking Root Food Sponsors