Shoresh offers b’nei mitzvah youth the opportunity to put their Jewish environmental values into action!
B’nei Mitzvah Tree Planting
In honour of Shoresh’s 13th year, we are planting 13 hazelnut trees in our edible food forest at Bela Farm. And we are looking for 13 b’nei mitzvah youth to sponsor the planting of those trees in honour of our shared milestone!
How does it work:
- Make a minimum donation to Shoresh of $360 to adopt one of our 13 hazelnut trees (specially reserved for b’nei mitzvahs!).
- Receive a personalized certificate for your adopted tree!
- Receive VIP tickets to Shoresh’s online B’nei Mitzvah celebration this fall.
- Be featured on The Beet, Shoresh’s blog, (if desired) so you can share with our community why it is important for you to mark your b’nei mitzvah by planting a tree….and how helping Shoresh grow our edible food forest is an expression of your Jewish values.
- Schedule a time to visit us at Bela Farm to help plant or care for your hazelnut tree (activities dependent upon time of year).
Have any questions? Email Risa Alyson Cooper, Executive Director, at email@example.com or call 416-805-8382.
Ready to donate? Click here and indicate in the “Message to Shoresh” section that you would like to sponsor one of our b’nei mitzvah hazelnut trees!
Other Ways to Support Shoresh as a B’nei Mitzvah:
- Bring your family and friends to volunteer with Shoresh at Bela Farm! Help care for the shrubs and wildflowers in our Bee Sanctuary, our trees in the Forest for the Future, the edible plants in our Food Forest, or help out with our annual Bela’s Bees Honey Harvest!
- Request that family and friends make a donation to Shoresh in honour of your Bar/Bat Mitzvah in lieu of a gift. We can help you set up a personal donation page through Canadahelps.org.
- Organize a fundraiser with the proceeds going to Shoresh. Host a bake sale, an organic juice sale, or sell Shoresh’s honey from our bees at Bela Farm (just a few ideas!). We can send you information to share with your family, friends, teachers, and fourth cousins letting them know how their donations are supporting a greener Jewish community.
- Purchase local herb and flower seedlings for your centre pieces and donate them to Shoresh’s after your simcha. We will send you cards to include on your tables letting your guests know how you are helping to green your community!
- Purchase Shoresh honey from our bees at Bela Farm to give as gifts for your guests. We can create customized labels to honour your simcha!
- Sponsor the planting of a native tree in honour of each guest or table of guests at your simcha. We will send you cards to include on your tables letting them know of the donation made their honour.
- Make a monetary donation to Shoresh. You can sponsor fruit trees, berry bushes, even a bee hive! In addition to receiving a personal certificate, we will send you cards to include on your tables letting your guests know how you are supporting Jewish environmental initiatives in your community!
For more information, please e-mail Risa Alyson Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-805-8382.