Join the Shoresh team!
Outdoor Educator – Shoresh Outdoor School
Shoresh is seeking to hire an Outdoor Educator – Shoresh Outdoor School (SOS). The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Shoresh’s educational mission by serving as an educator for Shoresh’s Outdoor School program. The Shoresh Outdoor School is bringing creative, outdoor Jewish nature programs to urban wild spaces, exploring local parks and ravines co-guided by children’s natural enthusiasm and curiosities and Jewish environmental educators. We are looking for someone to join our team who understands the issues addressed by Shoresh’s programs and initiatives and is committed to the values espoused by Shoresh. As well, as are looking for someone who is familiar with and open to the many different ways that community members live and express themselves Jewishly.
A variety of locations in mid and uptown Toronto, including Earl Bales Park, Cedarvale Ravine, G. Ross Lord Park, Christie Pits Park & Williamson Ravine.
Compensation, Schedule and Supervision:
Payrate: $14.35-$20.00/hour (commensurate with experience)
Hours of Work: Between 6-15 hours/week
Candidates must be available to work at least 2 of the following sessions –
- Sundays from 10 am to 1 pm at Williamson Ravine
- Mondays from 3 to 6 pm at Christie Pits Park
- Tuesdays from 3 to 6 pm at G. Ross Lord Park
- Wednesdays from 3 to 6 pm at Earl Bales Park
- Thursdays from 3 to 6 pm at Cedarvale Ravine
The Outdoor Educator – SOS, will be jointly supervised by the Lead Educator – Youth & Families and the Program and Event Coordinator.
This role will include at least 1 day of pre-program training and 6 weeks of programs, ending on November 14, 2021.
Candidates are required to have the following:
- Has (or will obtain) current CPR and emergency first aid certification;
- Has (or will obtain) Vulnerable Sector Screening;
- Has the ability to comfortably lift 14 kg (approximately 30 pounds) of program materials and carry a backpack of program supplies for the duration of the workday;
- Has the ability to access multiple sites through Toronto (accessible by public transit).
- Be fully Vaccinated for COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to September 30, 2021.
Shoresh is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds, abilities, orientations, and identities to apply.