Let’s get outside and see how many different kinds of creatures and critters we can find…especially any of our Pollinator Pals! Did you know that there are even special blessings you can say when you see an exceptionally beautiful or an exceptionally strange creature? Some of our Pollinator Pals (such as the Hummingbird Clearwing Moth) might be considered both beautiful AND strange!
- Insect ID Guide or App (photos from this blog post can help too!)
- Magnifying glass (optional)
- Notebook and pencil (optional)
- Think of some nearby green spaces where you might find a Pollinator Pal. (Hint: Many pollinators are out in the mornings, near where they lay their eggs and/or find nectar).
- If you come across a very beautiful insect or a very unusual-looking insect (or both!), feel free to say one of the brachot (blessings) below…or make up your own!
- If you can get close to the creature you discovered, use a magnifying glass to see some of its patterns and colours more clearly.
- Make a drawing, take a photo, or record some notes about what you find!
Go to PAGE 9 to read about the incredible Monarch Butterfly!