It takes a village to fulfill our mission to inspire our community to act as responsible stewards of the earth by nurturing a sense of awe and connection through Jewish experiential education and action. From planting a bee sanctuary at Bela Farm to growing and harvesting local, organic food for tzedakah, our work expemplifies and relies on the power of many to get our good work done.
Huge shout-outs of thanks and love to the growing group of kind food purveyors who are donating their time, energy and AMAZING food (check out the incredible menu below) to Taking Root. They will all be at our event nourishing you with “guilt-free” food, all evening long-items from all stations are included with your ticket.
*Stay tuned as we will update our list as new kind foodies are announced.
- Beau’s Beer: All natural, certified organic craft beer
- BIO RAW: The Built Salad: quinoa, zuchini, kale, pinto beans, carrots, peppers, sprouted sunflower seeds, sprouted pumpkin seeds, collard greens, sunflower microgreens, and fresh basil with Michelle’s RawFoodz Ranch Revival (dressing certified kosher by COR) (organic, high-protein, gluten-free, nut-free, vegan)
- Carolyn Cohen, Delicious Dish Cooking School and Dr. Jodi Larry: Charred broccoli salad with lentils and smoky tahini vinaigrette (whole foods home cooking)
- Chef Jordan Wagman: Chilli! (organic, gluten-free, local)
- Chufa Co: Tigernut frozen desert! (organic, gluten-free)
- Culcherd: Raw crackers with Culcherd’s dairy-free cashew cheeze (organic, gluten-free, raw, vegan, paleo)
- Ellen Jane Desserts: Carrot cake, Gluten-free French Vanilla Confetti cake, Peanut butter Squamish bars (vegan, Kosher)
- Elxr Juice Lab: Variety of cold-pressed juices (vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free)
- Greenhouse Juice Co: 4 Juice Varieties (organic, gluten-free, cold-pressed, vegan, raw, unpasteurized)
- Halvana: Halva
- Joya: 60% Coconut milk chocolate (vegan, no refined sugar, paleo-friendly)
- Kozlik’s Mustard: Mustard
- Kosher Dudes: To be announced soon!
- Live Organic Food Bar: Carrot lox and kimchi pancakes (organic, local, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugars-free)
- Live On Chocolate: Power puddings and chocolate covered sponge toffee (organic, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, egg-free, corn-free)
- Mighty Fine Brine: Sauerkraut (vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, supports local farmers)
- Neal Brothers Foods: Tortilla chips and salsa (kosher, vegan, organic, gluten-free, nut-free)
- NONA Vegan Foods Ltd: Vegan raclette with Mighty Fine Brine saurkraut (vegan, gluten-free, locally made)
- Plant Trainers: Vegan meatball skewers (vegan)
- RISE Kombucha: Kombucha (made in Canada, organic, gluten-free, gmo-free, vegan, raw)
- Sol Cuisine: Zesty Italian Meatballs and Greek Moussaka Meatballs (vegan)
- Sunflower Kitchen: Vegan borsht, falafel balls with dips (kosher, vegan, gluten-free, non-gmo, nut-free)
- Three Sisters Kitchen: Muffins (kosher, vegan)
- Turmeric Teas: Turmeric teas!
- Umami Sushi: Sushi (kosher, vegan)
- Vegan Labs: Snack Bombs (vegan, dairy-free, refined sugar-free)
- White Distillery: Dayaa Arak, Pastis du Hameau, Berrycello (local Ingredients, gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free)
- YOSO: Coconut single serves with Kind Snacks granola (vegan, organic, non-gmo, locally made)
We are so lucky to live in a city with so many creative and kind foodies! Join us at Taking Root to gather with all of these incredible visionaries to support our work in repairing the world.
Buy your tickets TODAY!