Deepening Our Roots
It takes a village to fulfill our mission to lead, inspire and empower our community to become shomrei adamah, protectors of the earth. From planting a bee sanctuary at Bela Farm to growing and harvesting local, organic food for tzedakah, our work expemplifies and relies on the power of many to create a viable world for future generations.
As we prepare for Taking Root 2020, we are overflowing with gratitude and astounded by the kindness, generosity and talent of Toronto’s Kind Food revolutionaries.
Huge shout-outs of thanks and love to the growing group of kind food purveyors who are donating their time, energy and AMAZING food (check out the incredible menu below) to Taking Root. Some of these sponsors have been donating their food to Taking Root for 5 years and others are new to the community. They are all part of the Shoresh family and with every new connection, we are able to deepen our roots and fulfill our mission.
Meet our food sponsors below. They will all be at our event nourishing you with “kind” food, all evening long-items from all stations are included with your ticket.
- BIO RAW: The Built: quinoa, zucchini, kale, pinto beans, carrots, peppers, sprouted sunflower seeds, sprouted pumpkin seeds, collard greens, sunflower microgreens, fresh basil
- Carolyn Cohen, Delicious Dish Cooking School: Kale, Napa, brussels sprouts salad with Beet tahini
- Chef Jordan Wagman: Roasted spaghetti squash with cherry tomato sauce & basil pesto
- Choose Life Foods: Vegan Jamaican patties
- Culcherd: Two kinds of Grilled Cheese
- Ellen Jane Deserts: Flourless tahini brownies, chocolate chip cookies, biscoff and hazelnut sandwich cookie (nuts)
- Greenhouse Juice Co: Cold-pressed juices and probiotic lemonades
- Good Food for Good: Chickpea Tikka Masala on Basmati Rice
- GTs Living Foods: Kombucha – gingerade, pink lady basil, trilogy
- Gusta Foods Inc, Mighty Fine Brine, Kozlik’s Canadian Mustard and Harbord Bakery and Calandria: This incredible foursome are co-creating a Vegan Deli Station – vegan pepperoni (nut-free, dairy-free) with Amazing Maple and Classic Dijon mustards, rye bread, and pickles
- Il Fornello: Coming soon!
- In the Manor: Chow mein noodles with roasted veggies
- Lemon Lily Tea: Ritual UP and Ritual Down Teas
- Live On Chocolate: Maple Birch Sponge Toffee and Protein Truffles
- Live Organic Food Bar: Dips and crackers!
- Living Kitchen Wellness: Tahini Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Mother Raw: Dips, chips and veggies
- New Moon Kitchen: Cookies
- NONA Vegan Foods Ltd and NuPasta: Co-creating an award winning combination of Cheesy and Carbonara sauces and gluten-free pasta
- ‘Nufs: Black Sesame and Pandan Coconut ‘Nufs
- Plant Trainers: Chickpea Salad Spread
- Snack Conscious: Coming soon!
- Summerhill Market: Spiced Cauliflower Steak with Roasted Eggplant, Pomegranate Perils and Cilantro Tahini
- Sunflower Kitchen: Vegan Beet Borscht, Hummus, Babaghanouj, gluten free falafel and pestos
- Sweets from the Earth: Whoopie pies
- Umami Sushi: Sushi
- White Distillery: Dayaa Arak, Pastis du Hameau, Berrycello
- YOSO: Coming soon!
Buy your tickets TODAY! We are so lucky to live in a city with so many creative and kind foodies! Join us at Taking Root to gather with all of these incredible visionaries to celebrate the countless gifts the trees give to all of life while supporting Shoresh as we deepen our roots.