Through our B’nei Mitzvah Tzedakah Projects, Shoresh offers b’nei mitzvah students the opportunity to help ensure a sustainable future for our community in an impactful and meaningful way.
Let us work with you to create a meaningful B’nei Mitzvah Tzedakah Project that meets your unique needs! A B’nei Mitzvah Tzedakah Project can include any/all of the following elements:
- Volunteer on a particular project that reflects your unique interests and passions. Build a bee hive, design a grape arbour, paint an inspiring mural, support our honey harvest….work one-on-one with Shoresh staff to find a project that matches your skills and talents with our needs.
- Plan a special volunteer opportunity for your friends and family at Shoresh’s Kavanah Garden or Bela Farm! We can create a unique volunteer project for you and your loved ones to work one together.
- Request that family and friends make a donation to Shoresh in honour of your Bar/Bat Mitzvah in lieu of a gift. We can help you set up a personal donation page through Canadahelps.org.
- Organize a fundraiser with the proceeds going to Shoresh. Host a bake sale, an organic juice sale, or sell Shoresh’s honey from our bees at Bela Farm (just a few ideas!). We can send you information to share with your family, friends, teachers, and fourth cousins letting them know how their donations are supporting a greener Jewish community.
- Purchase local herb and flower seedlings for your centre pieces and donate them to Shoresh’s after your simcha. We will send you cards to include on your tables letting your guests know how you are helping to green your community!
- Purchase Shoresh honey from our bees at Bela Farm to give as gifts for your guests. We can create customized labels to honour your simcha!
- Sponsor the planting of a native tree in honour of each guest or table of guests at your simcha. We will send you cards to include on your tables letting them know of the donation made their honour.
- Make a monetary donation to Shoresh. You can sponsor fruit trees, berry bushes, vegetable garden beds for tzedakah, even a bee hive! In addition to receiving a personal certificate, we will send you cards to include on your tables letting your guests know how you are supporting Jewish environmental initiatives in your community! Click here for donation opportunities.
For more information, please e-mail Risa Alyson Cooper at email@example.com or call 416-805-8382.