We are in full swing planning and preparing for Taking Root, our annual celebration of EVERYTHING Shoresh does to connect people, land, and Jewish tradition. It will be a wonderful evening of nourishing noshes, live music, and hands-on Shoresh sweetness on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at York Mills Gallery at 6:30pm.
If you haven’t yet bought your tickets, here are ten reasons why today is the day to do so.
- Support Shoresh: 100% of the proceeds from Taking Root go towards supporting our work to repair the world.
- Enjoy Toronto’s kindest food: Experience the kind food revolution and nurture your body with more than 20 of our city’s most creative and generous food purveyors who are donating and serving an array of plant-based goodness all evening long at their own food stations.
- Make a l’chaim with Toronto’s best bubbly beverages: Whether your drink of choice is kombucha or craft beer, we’ve got an incredible group of drink sponsors who will keep us happily hydrated.
- Better understand what Shoresh ACTUALLY does: From saving the bees to running an outdoor school, we do a lot and we know that sometimes it’s hard to grasp the depth and breadth of our work. At Taking Root you’ll experience all of Shoresh’s innovative and award-winning initiatives at our installation booths.
- Gorgeous Venue: Spend the evening in the beautiful and spacious, urban-industrial loft-style York Mills Gallery (our incredible venue sponsors).
- Incredible Band: Dance to the joyful, klezmer tunes with Rock the Shtetl.
- Get a high dose of Vitamin H (hope): With the bombardment of bad news, give yourself and your friends the gift of a joyful evening filled with good news and hope for the future.
- Phenomenal silent auction: Win yourself a private house concert, a cooking class for 10 and so much more while supporting Shoresh.
- Surround yourself with 300 awesome people: Shoresh has a diverse and inspiring community. Network, shmooze and connect with our friends.
- Receive kind gifts in an awesome reusable produce/bulk bag! Take a bit of Taking Root home with you with our kind gifts and snacks from conscious companies! Gift bags are valued at $30 and are amazing!