Support Shoresh initiatives today and Plant a tree at Bela Farm in honour or memory of our community members. A unique and meaningful way to mark births, b’nei mitzvahs, weddings, graduations, passings, and all other milestones and achievements. Your donation for 1 tree will now mean 2 trees will be planted at Bela Farm thanks to a generous matching donation.
At Bela Farm, Shoresh is developing a one-hundred acre centre for sustainable, land-based Judaism, just one hour west of Toronto. With the support of our community, we are undertaking an ambitious twenty-acre reforestation project to maintain and restore important animal habitat; mitigate the harmful effects of excess carbon dioxide and its impact on global climate change; and leave future generations a beautiful native forest that roots our community in our local green spaces. As well, we are creating a vibrant community orchard of perennial fruit and nut trees and berry bushes, which will serve as a valuable source of food for us and our animal friends.
By sponsoring the planting of trees at Bela Farm, you are investing in a healthier and greener earth, while supporting the creation of a local Jewish communal space that can be visited and enjoyed by your students and their families for years to come.
Plant a Tree
At Shoresh, we offer a variety of different tree planting opportunities so that you can honour friends and loved ones.
- $36 – Plant a native tree sapling in our Native Reforestation Project at Bela Farm.
- $72 – Plant TWO native tree saplings…so they can hang out together!
- $180 – Plant a berry bush in our Community Orchard at Bela Farm.
- $360 – Plant a nut tree in our Community Orchard at Bela Farm.
- $540 – Plant a fruit tree in our community orchard at Bela Farm.
To plant a tree, simply click here to donate through CanadaHelps.org. We will send a certificate to your honouree/notification recipient, so please make sure to fill out the form completely including how you are designating your donation, who the gift is honouring, who you would like Shoresh to notify regarding the gift (and their contact information), and any additional message you would like us to include in the notification.
Plant Lots of Trees!
Interested in sponsoring the planting of multiple trees? Interested in donating in honour of guests at your simcha and looking for personalized certificates or table cards?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-805-8382 for more information about tree sponsorship packages and options for personalized notifications.
Tu B’Shvat Planting Campaign
Participating in Shoresh’s Tu B’Shvat Planting Campaign offers students and their families a unique and meaningful way to celebrate Tu B’Shvat, the new year of the trees!
How it works:
- Shoresh will send you enough Tu B’shvat Planting forms to send home with each student.
- Parents fill out the forms, specifying how many trees they would like to plant (at $18 each) and how they would like to honour/memorialize with the plantings. Parents can pay with cheque or credit card.
- Students bring their forms back to school. Shoresh collects the forms and the following week we will drop off personalized certificates for students, honouring their gift of a greener tomorrow AND a certificate for your organization honouring the total number of trees your community helped plant this Tu B’Shvat!
For more information or to sign up to participate, please contact us at email@example.com or call 416-805-8382.
Native Tree Tribute Packages
Shoresh is thrilled to share with you our Native Tree Tribute Packages, an exciting new way for organizations to participate in Tikkun Olam, repairing the world, by sponsoring the planting of native trees at Bela Farm in honour of your community members’ milestones and achievements. Planting a tree is a unique and meaningful way to mark births, b’nei mitzvahs, weddings, graduations, and passings.
How it works:
- Purchase a package of Native Tree Tribute Certificates.
- Have Shoresh issue all the certificates at once: Send us the names of the individuals you are honouring and we will send you personalized certificates for each individual. OR…
Have Shoresh issue certificates as needed: When you wish for us to send a certificate in honour or memory of a community member, e-mail us their name and mailing address, and Shoresh will send a personalized certificate to the individual or family on your behalf.
- Shoresh will plant a native tree sapling at Bela Farm for each certificate purchased. Names will be inscribed in our Bela Book of Trees.
|10 Native Tree Tribute Certificates ($18 each)||$180|
|20 Native Tree Tribute Certificates ($15 each)||$300|
|30 Native Tree Tribute Certificates ($12 each)||$360|
|50 Native Tree Tribute Certificates ($10 each)||$500|
For more information, or to order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-805-8382.